The MA program in Women's and Gender Studies (GEMMA) at Central European University (CEU) provides high quality academic and professional competencies for students wanting to conduct further research or intending to work in the areas of women’s studies, gender studies and equal opportunities.
The first Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Women’s and Gender Studies, GEMMA is offered by a consortium of seven prestigious institutions and co-funded by the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme of the EU. Your study program will take you to two participating universities where you will earn a double degree.
GEMMA'S partner universities:
- Central European University, Austria
- University of Granada, Spain
- University of Bologna, Italy
- University of Lodz, Poland
- University of Oviedo, Spain
- University of Utrecht, the Netherlands
- University of York, United Kingdom
- Program registered by the New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- Program accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Gender Studies
- Academic Writing
- Bodies Across Borders: Global Migration in Historical Perspective
- Commodification of the Human Body
- Communism and Gender: Historical and Global Perspectives
- Gender, Labor Markets, Neoliberalisms
- Intersectionality & Interdisciplinarity in Gender Studies Research
- Critical Race Theory: Race and Law from the United States to Europe
- Critical Theory on Policy and Practice
- Discourse Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Feb. 3, 2020: financial aid
- April 15, 2020: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug.14, 2020: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 4 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
- Some knowledge of gender or feminist scholarship
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.
In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.