Undertake a research investigation in architecture and develop advanced skills in critical thinking, analysis and research methodologies under the supervision of internationally-recognised research staff.
The School of Architecture and Built Environment specialises in critical architectural futures and its integration of current cultural studies, environmental resiliency, sustainable design, technological advancement and social and theoretical issues.
Although the focus of the degree is on research, students are also required to complete a minimum of one unit of coursework.
Ready to make a meaningful contribution through research?
To qualify for a Master of Architecture (Research) from Deakin University, students must demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge in one or more discipline areas by generating a substantial contribution to knowledge through the use of appropriate research principles and methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can choose topics from areas including
- architectural history and theory,
- architectural design and practice,
- architectural pedagogy,
- environmental building science,
- professional practice and digital design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture View 56 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee selection, which is based on merit, likelihood of success and availability of places in the course.
- Applicants must have demonstrated evidence of a high standard of research ability. This is normally an Honours year to H2B (60%+) standard, or a coursework master degree with a substantial thesis. However, other evidence of research ability may be considered and could include a thesis as part of an international undergraduate degree; relevant refereed publications; research awards; or research experience.
- CRICOS code: 070375M
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.