These fields of study attend closely to the connections and tensions experienced as the religions encounter alternative social, political and cultural resources of meaning and identity. This course focuses on the practical and theoretical possibilities posed by intercultural dialogue, and on the challenges of sustaining communities in which the praxis of peace and reconciliation with others is given concrete embodiment.
A variety of modules is offered each year, drawn from the list below. A module on Research and Methods is compulsory; students select a further 5 modules for assessment and write a dissertation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Authority, Tradition, Experience: Ecumenics as Intercultural Theology
- World Christianity and Interreligious Dialogue
- Comparative Theology: Meaning and Practice
- Religions and Ethics in a Pluralist World
- Nature, Grace and the Triune God
- NGOs in Theory and Practice
- Developing Doctrine: Identity and Change in Christian Tradition
- Interpreting Ecumenical Ecclesiology
- An Ecumenics of Loss: Religion, Modernity and Reconciliation
- Creation, Cosmology and Ecotheology
- Engaging Religious Fundamentalism
- Translating God(s)
- Christian Seeds in Indic Soil : Christianity in South Asia
- The Church in the Shadow of the Mosque: Christianity in the World of Islam
- On Being Human: Theological Anthropology in Cross-cultural Perspective
- The Many Faces of Jesus: Christology and Cultures
- Comparative/Interreligious Ethics
- Cross-cultural Ministry and Interreligious Encounter
- Muslim God, Christian God: Islam and Muslim-Christian Comparative Theology
- Judaism and Jewish-Christian Relations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 9 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Ireland
Applicants should normally have an honors degree at second class level or GPA 3.2 or above. Students not meeting these criteria may exceptionally be considered at the discretion of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
International16868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16868 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9097 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9097 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fee
- National -€ 5951
- International -€ 9941
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.