BiFTec-FOOD4S offers an education that is at the same time broad and in-depth. The programme aims to develop and foster knowledge and awareness of scientific trends in food science, safety and quality, food product, process design and sustainable production, computational methods and risk analysis within a global context, as well as to identify key concerns about ecological and community issues relating to food systems and their production.
The European Master in Sustainable Food Systems Engineering, Technology and Business at KU Leuven seeks to expand the scope of theoretical research and policy debates over sustainable agriculture and food production. It offers a better understanding of food systems and ecological dynamics and offers strategies in terms of regenerating natural systems. Understanding and development of key issues in food legislation and regulations and application of quality management systems in the supply chain are integral components of the course. The focus on social concerns arising from food production, marketing, economics and consumption practices are addressed in an international context.
The programme prepares competent employees for varied sectors of work including food production, food processing, agribusiness, and positions at educational institutions, government departments and private companies.
You will be highly skilled and prepared for work at the highest professional level, able to solve problems and to present research.
- Food Science Fundamentals
- Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals
- Sustainable Food Product and Food Process Design Fundamentals
- Computational Food Science, Technology and Engineering Fundamentals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development Agribusiness Food Sciences View 14 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission is based on academic excellence and it is mandatory for a student to hold an honour Bachelor Degree (B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Eng., etc.) or a diploma at the level of a Bachelor Degree in relevant subjects such as Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, (Bio)Engineering, (Bio)Chemical Engineering or a discipline related to the content of the programme, from a recognized university, college or institute with an end result of at least second class upper or equivalent. The competencies and qualifications of the applicants will be considered individually.
- All applicants who have not obtained a previous diploma in a programme taught in English in Australia, English- speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America (the degree and transcripts must confirm that the entire study was completed in English) must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.