The MSc Housing Studies (with internship) programme at University of Stirling fully integrates all of the academic and practice components of the professional qualification of the Chartered Institute of Housing. This includes a structured, assessed work experience internship, spanning 50 days over the academic year, and which sets up graduates for a ‘fast track’ into a career with housing organisations in the social, voluntary and private sectors. This internship is not eligible for sponsorship to study in the UK.
You’ll be introduced to the most up-to-date ideas and debates in housing and offered the opportunity to learn about the cutting edge of housing practice.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing, the course provides you with a comprehensive academic and professional qualification with structured work experience and, upon completion, offers you a direct route into employment in the housing sector. The Diploma internship can also form the output necessary to achieve a Masters qualification.
This route blends occasional teaching sessions on campus with a significant element of online study giving you the ideal learning experience in a format which is accessible and engaging.
You’ll be taught by a team of academics who comprehensively cover the multi-disciplinary nature of housing, research, policy and practice. Our research-led teaching draws on our specialist expertise in policy analysis, homelessness and housing rights, social theory, housing and land market analysis.
Stirling graduates have a strong track record of making rapid career progress on completion of the Masters or Diploma. Potential career opportunities include management in housing organisations, specialist research, policy and strategy work. Increasingly, there are opportunities linked to key government initiatives and policy areas.
Studying Housing Studies online at the University of Stirling enables you to:
- carry out your current job with greater confidence and effectiveness
- have a comprehensive knowledge of how your job links to the rest of your organisation and the work of other agencies in Scotland
- be well prepared to take advantage of opportunities for promotion or new directions in your work
- gain a professional qualification in a crucial policy area
- build a network
Chartered Institute of Housing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Providing Housing Services
- Contemporary Housing Practice
- Housing Governance
- Organisational Behaviour
- Housing Finance and Strategy
- Sustainable Communities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International applicants requiring a student visa are advised to apply at least eight weeks in advance of the start date.
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Environmental Management Urban Planning View 134 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Stirling and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
- Potential applicants who are already working can apply for the MSc Housing Studies course on a part-time basis over two years, without having to do an internship.
- As attendance on campus is required sporadically across the year this study route is not eligible for sponsorship to study in the UK.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5758 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5758 GBP per year during 12 months.
National2733 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2733 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits) - UK: £5,467 / Overseas: £11,517
- Masters Dissertation (60 credits) - UK: £2,733 / Overseas: £5,758
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.