If you wish to learn to how to teach actively and create an involving and engaging environment to support students in their learning journey, but are professionally busy or unable to come to London for a residential course, then the Learning and Teaching in Higher Education course at Kingston University could be for you.
- This course promotes learning and teaching that actively involves students, which is essential for their success. This course supports forms of teaching that encourage students to take centre stage in their learning.
- The course is designed and run by academics who are experts and active researchers, both in higher education studies and online learning.
- You will experience active learning and study different teaching methods, learning ways to facilitate active learning and involve your students fully and responsibly.
- You will be encouraged to think about educational issues in fruitful and inquisitive ways, both on your own and in collaboration with other students.
- You will examine educational practices such as lecturing, small group work, assessment and feedback.
- You will be encouraged to reflect on your own experience as a learner to enhance your practice as a teacher. Throughout the course, we help you reflect, ask (yourself and others), find solutions, share and compare thoughts.
- Kingston University is a large London-based institution which prides itself on its innovative approaches to learning and teaching to a diverse student body, in a number of specialisms, including educational studies.
Where this course will take you
This course has been designed to be a practical, work-based course in learning, teaching and assessment in higher education. As such, it prepares you for working as a teacher and/or facilitator in higher or further education.
The award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education is recognised by most universities in the UK, and increasingly internationally, as necessary qualifications for teaching in higher education institutions.
Additionally the course thoroughly prepares you for every success in applying for the status of Fellow of the Higher Education Academy with the Higher Education Academy, a status recognised by most universities in the UK, and increasingly internationally, as necessary/desirable recognition for teaching in higher education institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Active Learning in Teaching Practice
- Active Learning in Curriculum Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy View 21 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum entry qualifications for the course are:
- a professionally relevant first degree or equivalent qualification;
- 70 hours teaching per annum; and
- a mentor approved by the course team.
International3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.