Students interested in pursuing Geophysics programme of Boise State University should contact the appropriate graduate program coordinator associated with the degree program, as well as faculty members whose research you find interesting.
Being proactive to identify a faculty member who has parallel research interests is an important first step in finding a suitable research program for any potential graduate student.
- Properties and Processes in Geophysics
- Introduction to Research Program Development
- Mandatory for the first year on campus for all students
- Graduate Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority/Funding: December 15
DisciplinesPhysics Geography Geology View 594 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A letter of intent outlining background, professional and academic preparation, research interests, career goals and future plans, and 1-3 potential faculty members with which to collaborate.
- A current résumé.
- A writing sample (e.g., first authored presentation, technical report, or scientific abstract; undergraduate thesis; writing sample from prior coursework).
- International graduate applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English in order to be considered for admission to Boise State. There are several approved ways for applicants to demonstrate English proficiency. Please refer to the International Admissions Office website for current test score requirements.
- Completion of a Department of Geosciences College Course Summary for Prospective Student form.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.