The Music Performance degree at Boise State University has a long record of student success in professional performing and teaching careers, as well as admission to prestigious masters and doctoral programs. We offer majors in all standard performance areas except guitar, organ, and harp. Students enjoy personal attention from a caring faculty team who come together to assure that the excellence of the well-rounded curriculum is maintained. The City of Boise and surrounding Treasure Valley is home to a robust, diverse musical community including the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra, Opera Idaho, multiple semi-professional community orchestras, concert bands, and choirs. Presenting organizations bring world-class chamber music and jazz artists. A strong public school music tradition encourages wide-spread private lesson study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Music Research
- Advanced Analytical Procedures
- Major Instrument Literature
- Music History Elective
- Graduate Solo Performance Recital
- Performance Comprehensive Review
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 1109 other Masters in Music in United States
A prospective student may apply at any time and should follow the general graduate application procedure for degree-seeking students (see Graduate Admission Regulations). Admission to the Master of Music, Performance is based on:
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- A formal writing sample (short undergraduate academic research paper).
- A satisfactory audition, in person, before the performance faculty of his/ her major performance area (i.e., keyboard, winds, strings, etc.).
- Tree letters of recommendation from professors familiar with their work
International25276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25276 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25276 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9194 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
If you take over 16 hours per semester there is an additional cost of 239$ per credit (resident or non-resident)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.