Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Boise State University is designed without required courses to allow for maximum technical specialization. Classes are kept small to encourage interaction with your student cohort, your professors and your industry collaborators. These networks are reinforced through career advising and placement, access to alumni and industry connections, and other support. Upon completion, you earn the Master of Engineering degree in ECE, reflecting an integrated understanding of technology, practice, and leadership.
To complete the MEng ECE degree, students must earn a C or better in 30 electrical and computer engineering course credits and pass a comprehensive exam.
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design
- Rf Design
- Advanced Device Design And Simulation
- Advanced Topics In Semiconductor Devices
- Microwave Semiconductor Devices
- Digital Hardware Design
- Embedded And Portable Computing Systems
- Computer Networks
- Systems For Multimedia Processing
- Digital Systems Rapid Prototyping
- Integrated Circuit Processing
- Integrated Circuit Processing Lab
- Advanced Topics In Silicon Technology
- Photolithography Lab
- Communication Systems
- Wireless Communications
- Digital Signal Processing
- Pattern Recognition And Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 1099 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Boise State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants are required to have earned a baccalaureate degree or master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree or master’s degree by the International Admissions Office.
- A GPA of 3.0/4.0 computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most relevant baccalaureate degree
- GRE scores submitted directly to Boise State
- International graduate applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English in order to be considered for admission to Boise State. There are several approved ways for applicants to demonstrate English proficiency.
International24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
National24980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8060 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.