You’ll participate in a flexible and challenging interdisciplinary program designed to help you become an educational leader focused on diversity and social justice issues in schools and in the broader society. Don’t just listen to the conversation on equality—take part and lead it.
Graduates work in varied settings, including diversity directors for schools and universities, educational outreach and curriculum development coordinators in museums and other cultural centers, and in student support services. Your Social and Cultural Foundations in Education program from DePaul University opens doors in the Chicago area and beyond by having access to a strong alumni community of 180,000 Blue Demons.
- Global Issues In Education
- Culture And Education
- Identity Constructions And Negotiations
- Ideology, Power And Politics
- Philosophical Studies In Education, Culture And Ethics
- Introduction To Research Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Research Methodologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies View 404 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Graduate admission application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two academic letters and the third being academic or other)
- A writing sample (e.g. a term paper, seminar paper, or senior thesis or portion thereof)
- Personal statement that indicates your reasons for wanting to enter the program and what you have accomplished since earning a bachelor's degree
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.