The only graduate program of its kind in the area, this 18-month Mathematics Education from DePaul University can be completed over a series of intensive weekend-only sessions that focus on:
- Differential and integral calculus, numerical algorithms related to calculus and implementation of these algorithms using graphing calculators and web-based software;
- Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry using software packages that emphasize content connected to the high school curriculum;
- Discrete mathematical structures with an emphasis on logic, proof and mathematical reasoning;
- Probability and statistics with an introduction to combinatorics;
- History of elementary number theory, algebra and geometry;
- Topics in abstract algebra that relate to high school courses in algebra, geometry and trigonometry; and
- Topics in real analysis with an emphasis on improving calculus instruction.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Calculus for Mathematics Teachers
- Topics in Calculus and Differential Equations: A Historical Perspective
- Geometry for Mathematics Teachers
- History of Mathematics through Problem Solving for Mathematics Teachers
- Multivariable Calculus for Mathematics Teachers
- Probability and Statistics for Mathematics Teachers
- Abstract Algebra for Mathematics Teachers
- Abstract and Linear Algebra for Mathematics Teachers
- Real Analysis for Calculus Teachers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Actuarial Science View 3390 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete online application ($25 application fee)
- Submit official transcripts from all college and universities attended, one of which must show the conferral of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- U.S. college and university transcripts should be mailed to the address below
- DePaul alumni/undergraduate students applying for graduate admission must also submit a DePaul transcript.Request a free electronic transcript.
- Individuals with international transcripts need to have a course by course transcript evaluated by one of the three evaluation companies that DePaul University accepts. Please visit the Transcript Evaluation page for more information.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.