- Drawing upon the resources of the Chicago jazz scene, faculty members are highly celebrated performers, teachers, composers, and arrangers.
- In addition to applied jazz lessons, jazz ensembles, and jazz combos, Master of Music students enroll in courses such as jazz theory, history, pedagogy, improvisation, composing, and/or arranging.
- Throughout the Jazz Studies program from DePaul University, jazz students have multiple opportunities to record performances and compositions in professional recording studios. The Master of Music degree is a two-year program.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Jazz Ensemble
- Jazz Chamber Ensemble
- Advanced Jazz Composition
- Advanced Jazz Arranging and Orchestration
- Jazz History
- Jazz Style and Analysis
- Jazz Graduate Recital
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 686 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Completed Application and Fee: Apply online and submit a $40 application fee.
- Official Transcripts: We require official transcripts from all universities, colleges or community colleges attended
- Admission Examinations: Applicants may submit either GMAT or GRE scores.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- live entrance audition (for Performance and Jazz Studies students)
- composition portfolio (for Jazz Studies Composition and Composition students)
- teaching philosophy statement and live interview (for Music Education Students)
International21912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 913 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 913 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.