The University of Stirling MSc Investment Analysis has a world-class reputation and is the UK’s longest-established postgraduate course in the field. It is also one of very few masters degrees in the UK to be recognised under the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program.
This acknowledges that the course covers at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and places emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. The course positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
On this Masters course you’ll:
- study the use of qualitative and quantitative techniques to value investments
- develop and evaluate portfolio management strategies
- cultivate the ability to extract essential information from financial reports
- understand risk management tools
- assess macroeconomic and market trends
- analyse financial data relating to investments
- learn about the techniques used to value investments and investment portfolios
- understand the importance of investment regulation and ethics
The course syllabus has a distinctly international focus. This reflects the globalised nature of financial markets and the investment management profession. Students on this course come from a wide variety of educational and professional backgrounds and cultures, providing a unique opportunity for the development of worldwide contacts.
The University of Stirling Management School has a dedicated Employability Manager. From the very beginning of the course your career is our focus, and you’ll take part in our innovative week-long global Amplify Trading Boot Camp run by our trading partner, Amplify.
Many of our graduates hold senior positions in the investment profession. Others have developed successful careers in related fields, such as banking, financial media and business consultancy.
You will have career opportunities in both the ‘buy side’ and the ‘sell side’ of the investment industry, including with insurance firms, hedge funds, broking firms and investment banks.
Our graduates work around the world for organisations including:
- Baillie Gifford
- Horwarth Capital China
- Investec Securities
- JP Morgan
- Standard Chartered Bank
Accreditation for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Flying Start Leadership Programme
- Financial Reporting
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Economics for Banking and Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Investments: Fixed Income and Alternative Investments
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International applicants requiring a student visa are advised to apply at least eight weeks in advance of the start date.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Banking and Investment View 230 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
- In addition, if you have professional qualifications such as The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1, we encourage you to apply.
- If you don’t currently meet the academic requirements for this course, INTO University of Stirling offers a variety of preparation programmes that can earn you the qualifications and skills you need for direct entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21345 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21345 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.