The MA in Chinese program from DePaul University may be completed in two years. Core courses are offered in the evenings, while most elective courses are offered in the afternoon/evening.
Faculty with a multitude of interests
- Study with Associate Professor Li Jin, who examines the ways language learners acquire Chinese in study abroad contexts.
- Faculty of the MA in Chinese have taught at institutions in China, Canada and the U.S. and foster a diverse array of research interests, including technology-enhanced second-language teaching, Chinese pop culture and social media, Chinese cinema and literature, and more.
- Professional Foundations
- Language, Self, and Society
- Communities of Practice
- MA Capstone
- Political science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, though we encourage applicants to submit materials at least two months prior.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 1098 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A completed BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or abroad,
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a scale where A=4.0) in all undergraduate coursework, and
- At least 20 quarter credit-hours of advanced undergraduate coursework in the target language OR a rating of at least “Intermediate High” on both the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) for the target language.
In addition, applicants must submit:
- Two letters of recommendation, and
- One letter that explains the applicant’s areas of professional interest and reasons for seeking advanced training in language and culture.
International17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.