The program features rigorous training in:
- The history and structure of the English language
- Literary criticism and theory
- Analytical writing and research
- Literary periods
Earn additional graduate certificates in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Teaching English in Two-Year Colleges and Digital Humanities.
Our flexible English program from DePaul University can be completed in two years. You may also take longer or advance more quickly depending on credit load. Classes are offered weekday evenings on the Lincoln Park Campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Book And Media History
- Literary Theory
- Structure Of Modern English
- History Of The English Language
- History Of English Prose Style
- Language And Style For Writers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, though we encourage you to submit your materials 10 weeks prior to the quarter in which you wish to enroll.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 939 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts detailing course work from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- A personal statement of approximately 500 words, describing your relevant preparation and interest in literature, your immediate goals in applying to DePaul's MA in English program, and your plans for the future.
- A representative sample of academic or professional writing that strongly indicates your ability to do well with advanced literary history and criticism.
- An application fee of $40. This fee can be paid online through the application portal or you may submit a check. Please make checks payable to DePaul University.
International715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.