This flexible Women and Gender Studies MA program from Arizona State University provides advanced training in feminist research, theory and methodologies. All students may take an internship and all must complete an applied project in which students conduct research that addresses practical, site-specific problems linked to gender. Final projects may take a variety of forms, including program assessments, grant proposals, tests of new interventions or curricula, and so on. These projects may help lead students to careers in human services, program evaluation, policy development and other fields.
Graduates of the program have gone on to careers at universities, research and policy institutes, government organizations and nonprofit organizations.
- Feminist Thought
- Interdisciplinary Gender Research Methods
- Diversity, Ethics and Leading Public Change
- Community Participation Strategies
- Seminar in Socially Engaged Practice
- Becoming Leaders Who Matter
- Human Dimensions of Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology Literature View 619 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- A bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Students may be admitted with a BA or BS in any field as long as they have completed two courses in women and gender studies or have equivalent experience. Students who have previously majored in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics field and have interests in gender and education or gender and science may also apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- resume or curriculum vitae
- writing sample
- two or three letters of recommendation
- relevant coursework
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 24 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.