Areas of Study
The curriculum of the International Affairs programme of Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies combines the integration of different disciplines, analytical rigour and methodological competences with substantive knowledge in thematic specialisations.
Together with professional skills workshops, the use of interactive pedagogical methods, a capstone project and a thesis, students will gain the conceptual and practical tools necessary to pursue leadership positions in diplomacy, international organisations, government and the private sector.
The programme combines training in quantitative and qualitative research methods with a wide choice of courses offering perspectives from the Institute’s core disciplines: anthropology, economy, history, law, political science and sociology.
The programme offers students the possibility to specialise in one of three thematic tracks:
- Global Security
- Trade & International Finance
- Environment, Resources & Sustainability
The programme also includes the completion of a Capstone Project where students work with one of the Graduate Institute’s partner organisation, participation in professional skills workshops, and the option to validate an internship for credit.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Methods for Social Sciences
- Social Inquiry and Qualitative Methods for International Affairs and Development
- Applying Organisation Theories to Practice
- Gender and International Affairs
- Global Governance and Regulation: Actors and Processes
- International Policy Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Business Public Policy View 6 other Masters in Public Policy in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold, or at least receive upon arrival, a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to your study programme, from an accredited university
- Professional experience and extracurricular activities are not compulsory but can be an asset to your application
- Complete the online application form
- Pay the application fee
- Provide contact details for two academic referees on the application form
- Upload all your supporting documents before the deadline
International7596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7596 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4747 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Non-resident students: CHF 8,000 per year
- Resident students: CHF 5,000 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.