The flexible MA in German program from DePaul University is ideal for both those who wish to pursue careers in translation, teaching or cultural institutions and for those who are preparing for an academic career.
The program may be completed in two years. Core courses are offered in the evenings, while most elective courses are offered in the afternoon/evening.
Modern Languages alumni hold positions in: teaching, higher education, government, social work, health care, and business, among other industries.
With a network of over 8,900 master’s-level graduates in Chicago and beyond, DePaul’s College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences offers numerous opportunities to grow your professional and academic connections.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Foundations
- Language, Self, and Society
- Communities of Practice
- MA Capstone
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, though we encourage applicants to submit materials at least two months prior.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A completed BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or abroad,
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a scale where A=4.0) in all undergraduate coursework, and
- At least 20 quarter credit-hours of advanced undergraduate coursework in the target language OR a rating of at least “Intermediate High” on both the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) for the target language.
- Two letters of recommendation, and
- One letter that explains the applicant’s areas of professional interest and reasons for seeking advanced training in language and culture.
International715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.