This Japanese MA program from DePaul University is ideal for both those who wish to pursue careers in translation, teaching or cultural institutions and for those who are preparing for an academic career.
The program may be completed in two years. Core courses are offered in the evenings, while most elective courses are offered in the afternoon/evening.
Gain real-world experience
- As part of your service learning experience, you’ll have opportunities to apply your linguistic expertise across the city of Chicago. Work with organizations like the Japanese Cultural Center, the Japanese American Service Committee and the Consulate-General of Japan.
- Professional Foundations
- Language, Self, and Society
- Communities of Practice
- MA Capstone
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 867 other Masters in Languages in United States
- A completed BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or abroad,
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a scale where A=4.0) in all undergraduate coursework, and
- At least 20 quarter credit-hours of advanced undergraduate coursework in the target language OR a rating of at least “Intermediate High” on both the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) for the target language.
In addition, applicants must submit:
- Two letters of recommendation, and
- One letter that explains the applicant’s areas of professional interest and reasons for seeking advanced training in language and culture.
International17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.