You’ll choose a concentration in one of the following areas:
- Emergency Management. It is a critical concern for the public, private and non-profit sectors. Both the conceptual and practical implementation sides of homeland security and emergency preparedness rest at the intersection of national defense, law enforcement, and emergency preparedness. This concentration will provide students with both theoretical and practical knowledge that will prepare them for private or public sector employment in the area of emergency preparedness for both security and non-security related incidents.
- Health Care Administration. This concentration teaches students the managerial and analytical skills necessary to understand and influence the processes through which hospitals, associated health care organizations, and public and private agencies provide health care in the United States.
- Higher Education Administration. For managers in post-secondary institutions of learning, this concentration teaches necessary analytical and administrative skills. The coursework helps students develop an understanding of management principles, policy analysis and research within higher education.
- Metropolitan Planning and Urban Affairs. This concentration provides students with a broad perspective on issues relating to land use, transportation, housing, economic development and related social problems. It instills an understanding of the institutional and analytical issues affecting units of government, planning agencies and other urban public service institutions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction To Public Service Management
- Cross-sector Analysis
- Fundamentals Of Human Resource Management
- Policy Design And Analysis
- Research Methods I: Introduction To Applied Research And Statistics
- Research Methods II: Advanced Applied Research And Statistics
- Introduction To Research And Statistics For Management
- Advanced Research Methods And Statistics For Management
- Ethical Leadership In Public Service
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management Public Policy View 298 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended
- Two-page professional statement describing your educational and career goals, relevant work or volunteer experience, and any special circumstances affecting past or prospective academic performance
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.