The Medical and Clinical Education course offered by the University of Essex provides you with a systematic and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying learning, teaching and assessing in the medical and clinical practice environment. It enables health care professionals to acquire advanced skills in teaching and assessing students in a medical and clinical practice context.
This is a modularised pathway and you can choose to study part-time between two and five years. Teaching contributions are drawn from expertise across the University’s academic departments and many modules are supported by Moodle, our online learning environment.
This course will:
- Enable you to apply your understanding of educational, legal and ethical frameworks and healthcare policy to enable others to learn and enhance their own professional practice, thereby being a positive role model for your students
- Help you engage in quality enhancement and improve students’ learning experiences.
- Ensure you acquire a range of transferable employment-related skills, most importantly, independent learning skills for continuing professional development
- Create flexible, inter-professional learning pathways to develop educators for the clinical professions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Learning Organisations and Quality Enhancement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1767 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current registration with a relevant professional regulatory body.
- A relevant first degree, or equivalent e.g. professional experience and responsibility.
- Current involvement in teaching and assessing in practice, plus 3 years healthcare experience.
- Applicants wishing to achieve NMC Practice Teacher or Teacher qualifications must supply on application:
- a statement of support from their service manager;
- the name of the practice teacher or teacher that will be supporting their practice learning; and
- evidence of successful completion of a mentor preparation programme or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.