During the Science and Technology Policy MSTP program at Arizona State University you’ll learn to work with policymakers and other important stakeholders in the public and private sectors. Drawing on some of the world’s leading experts and innovative thinkers, we’re training future policymakers and analysts to tackle some of the most complex issues of the 21st century.
Students will learn:
- Basic concepts underlying science and technology policy, including key factors driving the need for innovation in science and technology policy approaches;
- Trends in emerging and converging technologies, and the policy challenges and opportunities they present;
- Key political and policy processes at the jurisdictional, functional, and sectorial level;
- Theories, tools and methods that are core to effective science and technology policy;
- The significance and importance of multi-stakeholder engagement, including citizen engagement;
- Essential communication modes and techniques; and
- Professional skills that include effective networking and collaboration.
- Science and Technology Policy
- Advanced Science and Technology Policy
- Applied Project
- DC Policy Workshop
- MSTP Professional Development Seminar Series
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Innovation Management Public Policy View 103 other Masters in Innovation Management in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Global Futures.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university of recognized standing. Students are strongly encouraged to have prior relevant education, training or experience in science and technology policy; management of science, technology or innovation; or science, technology and society.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.