The Public Policy MPP program from Arizona State University can also serve as a platform for preparation for doctoral studies in public policy, public administration, urban studies and other related programs. Students learn analytical techniques and conceptual frameworks for understanding policy issues and identifying potential solutions, and about applying these skills to real-world issues --- especially to the needs of cities in the region. Students also gain an understanding of policies addressing issues such as poverty, education, the environment and public safety
The program trains people to lead by making positive policy decisions, addressing the difficult questions associated with public policy and managing the process of policy creation, approval, implementation and evaluation. At the conclusion of the master's degree program, students will be able to identify, analyze and interpret the challenges and dilemmas of public policies, especially those of urban areas. Students will also be able to approach policy analysis with a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods and be prepared to develop innovative processes and tools to deal with changing realities of public policy and address issues on a global, regional and local scale.
Graduates of this degree program are prepared for professional careers as policy analysts and leaders in public service involved in the formulation, approval, implementation and evaluation of public policy at all levels of government and in the private and nonprofit sectors. This may include opportunities as either a manager or policy analyst in local, state, or federal agencies; nonprofit organizations; and private organizations that interface with public sectors.
The program can also serve as a platform for preparation for doctoral studies in public policy, public administration, urban studies and other related programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Service Research
- Microeconomics of Public Policy
- Public Policy Analysis
- Advanced Policy Analysis
- Program Evaluation
- Applied Econometrics
- Diversity, Ethics and Leading Public Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Law Public Policy View 546 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- verbal, quantitative and analytical scores on the GRE (institution code: 4007) or GMAT scores
- three letters of recommendation
- written statement
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.