Students receive training in advanced research methodology and statistical analysis, grant proposal writing, laboratory instrumentation, data collection and manuscript development. Students gain first-hand exposure to designing and conducting research, analyzing data and developing presentations and manuscripts. Students are encouraged to present research reports at professional meetings and conferences and to publish as co-authors in faculty-guided research. This option is ideal for students who plan to pursue doctoral work or careers that involve psychological research methods such as marketing research, education research analysis, public policy analysis, research project management or program evaluation.
The Psychology MSc program offered by Arizona State University is designed to give students and working professionals an understanding of psychological theory and empirical research findings as they relate to human behavior, cognition, emotion, and attitudes. The coursework is designed to help students learn about the various roles of psychologists in society today and discover which they might like to pursue through careers in education, social service, for-profit and nonprofit organizations, management, or through additional graduate training.
The Master of Science degree program in psychology is specialized to prepare students for admission into doctoral programs in psychology in areas that include clinical or counseling, social, cognitive and developmental specialties.
Graduates may pursue professional research careers in education, health care or marketing. Though this program is not designed to prepare students for clinical practice, graduates may pursue a clinical internship and additional coursework to prepare for licensure exams.
Career examples include:
- community health workers
- health educators
- market research analysts and marketing specialists
- medical and health services managers
- mental health counselors
- psychology teachers, postsecondary
- social and human service assistants
- social and community service managers
- social science research assistants
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quantitative Research
- Sensation and Perception
- Multiple Regression/Psych Res
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Longitudinal Growth Modeling
- Stat Mediation Analysis
- Advances/Theoretical Psych
- Advanced Human Factors
- Stress and the Brain
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 163 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in applicable master's degree program. Priority is given to applicants who have achieved a 3.25 GPA or higher.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- GRE scores (combined minimum verbal and quantitative score of 300)
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online Arizona resident: $14,328/year
- Online Non-Arizona resident: $15,640/year
Living costs for Peoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.