This Plant Biology and Conservation MSc program from Arizona State University provides a foundation for jobs in plant conservation in both the public and private sectors, as well as for continued academic training.
Our program is the only one like it in the Southwest and is one of only two in the United States. Students with a passion for the Sonoran Desert and other unique Arizona biomes work with ASU faculty and DBG research staff to develop their own conservation-related project, driven by their field-collected data.
A master's degree in plant biology and conservation provides strong preparation for academic careers from community colleges to research universities. The skills and knowledge obtained in this program are also valuable for government careers in federal and state agencies responsible for management and conservation, and for careers in industry and nongovernmental organizations.
Career examples include:
- conservation scientists
- food and agriculture scientists in academic, private and industrial labs
- instructors at community colleges
- researchers and technicians in government labs and nonprofit organizations
- science teachers in elementary and high schools
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant Diversity and Evolution
- Plant Anatomy
- Animal Behavior
- Perspectives in Plant Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Plant & Crop Sciences View 84 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in biology, botany or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
Applicants must submit the following:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- academic record form
- personal statement
- curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE scores
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.