The Master of Physical Education pedagogy research track is appropriate for students interested in learning more about research on teaching in physical education settings. This track may be of interest to students who already have a teacher certificate in physical education and are interested in pursuing doctoral studies in the future.
The Physical Education MPE program from Arizona State University familiarizes students with the most current trends and issues in school physical education. Students can focus on numerous topics within elementary physical education, secondary physical education and adapted physical education. This track may be of interest to students with a teaching certificate in a different subject matter who are interested in a K-12 physical education endorsement.
Students gain skills in teaching, conducting research, leading projects and collaborating in teams which prepare them for educational careers focused on physical activity, health and wellness.
Career examples include:
- curriculum leader
- educator in community organizations
- educator in educational institutions
- fitness instructor
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analysis of Skill And Game Performance
- Teaching Physical Activity Concepts
- Adapted and Inclusive Physical Education
- Curric & Instruction Secondary Physical Education
- Learning and Instruction
- Physical Activity Promotion in the Classroom
- Health Methods
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Sports Sciences View 238 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the State of Arizona
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 20 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 20 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.