Apply directly through to the Master’s degree in Secondary Special Education Generalist program from Hofstra University. Just make sure you meet the graduate program requirements and the expected English language level. INTO helps you apply to multiple universities at once and the application process won’t cost you anything.
Graduate Direct Entry students also receive a Direct Entry I-20 invitation that you will need to be permitted to enter the United States.
What to expect from studying this Secondary Special Education Generalist program
When studying a Secondary Special Education Generalist program, you will choose to specialize in one the subjects focusing on the human condition: Anthropology, Languages, Cultural Studies, Ethics, Philosophy, Literature, History, Liberal Arts, and more.
Learn about how culture grows and transforms and the major events that shaped our human society. You will develop creative and critical thinking. Become part of the discussion and the force of change that will shape our future and create a medium for discourse, idea exchange and the development of new ideas.
By understanding the various aspects that make us human, you learn to bridge the gap and the differences between different cultures, and focus on the things we have in common, instead of our differences. Teaching is an important component of Secondary Special Education Generalist, as once you will develop your knowledge of human culture you are responsible for sharing this knowledge with others, creating awareness and educating.
Literacy, culturally responsive instruction, universal design for learning, technology and research-based practices are integrated throughout all aspects of the program with a focus on teaching students with special needs at the adolescent level.The program reflects a clinically rich teacher-preparation approach and requires a variety of field-based experiences including 100 clock hours of field experience and a practicum for a minimum of 40 school days.
- The Exceptional Child
- Understanding Students With Learning, Cognitive, and/or Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities
- Creating Effective Learning Communities: New Directions in Classroom Management
- Technology and Assistive Technology in Special Education
- Instructional Learning Strategies for Students with Disabilities, Grades 7-12
- Strategies for Teaching Children with Autism and Moderate Intellectual Disabilities, Grades 7-12
- Techniques of Collaborative Consultation
- Psychoeducational Assessment in Special Education
- Curriculum and Methods for Students With Diverse Learning Needs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 718 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- All information is provided as a guide and does not guarantee entry. Admissions decisions are at the discretion of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, minimum 3.0 GPA and English language requirements in one of the following tests. Additional requirements may apply.
- GMAT/GRE requirement may apply depending on the program. In addition, the graduate programs may have other/higher requirements with which
International45300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National45300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.