The Master of Science in Quantitative Finance from Hofstra University is placed on applying this foundation to analyze and develop analytical and quantitative solutions to contemporary financial problems.
MS in quantitative finance students are encouraged to complete Bloomberg Essentials prior to completion of their degree. No degree credit is given for Bloomberg Essentials, nor is tuition charged. Students who would like additional information should contact the department chairperson.
- Managerial Finance
- Derivatives Markets
- Advanced Derivatives Markets
- Time Series Analysis of Financial Data
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Modeling
- Advanced Calculus in Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance View 869 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Newly admitted international students are required to take an English placement exam during fall and spring orientation. The exam consists of a short writing task on a topic of general interest and a standardized test including listening comprehension, grammar and reading comprehension.
- Results are reviewed by the Hofstra English Language Program (ELP) faculty, who make the decision if students must take ELP 235 (2.0 s.h.). All international students who are placed in ELP 235 (2.0 s.h.) must complete the course during the first semester in which they begin an MBA/MS program and must receive a grade of P (Pass). ELP 235 (2.0 s.h.) will carry no degree credit.
- A fee equivalent to 2.0 s.h. is charged for this course. A grade of P (pass) is required or the course has to be repeated the following semester. The same fee equivalent will be charged for the repeated course.
International26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.