The Marriage and Family Therapy MAS program from Arizona State University is the only MFT program at a state university in Arizona. Our curriculum has been approved by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (Arizona's licensing board for MFT's).
You will learn family systems-based therapy models and will be matched with a community-based internship placement where you will work with couples, children and their families and individuals under the supervision of an Arizona-licensed Marriage and Family therapist.
There are many career paths available to students pursuing this degree. A few examples are:
- genetic counselor
- rehabilitation counselor
- school and career counselor
- social and community service manager
- social and human service assistant
- social worker
- substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Professional Issues and Ethics
- Assessment in Marriage & Family Therapy
- Applied Issues in Human Development: Psychopathology
- Applied Issues in Children and Adolescents
- Advanced Techniques in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Dysfunctional Families
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1262 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field, such as counseling, psychology, and family and human development, among others.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- a personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 15 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 15 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.