Bioengineering Graduate Degree Highlights
Unique M.S. curriculum. The Bioengineering program of The University of Toledo requires students to have graduate-level proficiency in the three principle areas of bioengineering: biomechanical, bioelectrical and biochemical. Students in other programs usually specialize in only one area. We find this broader focus often makes our students more employable.
One-of-a-kind class. We are one of the few programs to offer a required lecture and laboratory course in tissue engineering. UToledo faculty members in other departments who have in interest in tissue engineering research often send their students to this class.
Nationally recognized research programs.
- Our biosensor and biofuels research programs are a major draw for PhD students.
- Our spine research program is one of the best in the country.
Research collaboration. Our bioengineering faculty members work closely with clinicians, engineers and scientists from other disciplines (such as medicine or material science). Our graduate students have many opportunities for creative problem-solving, entrepreneurship and intellectual property generation.
State-of-the-art facilities. Conduct the highest-quality research with the latest tools and instrumentation.
Graduates of UToledo’s master’s bioengineering program have an advantage in the job market. Employers love that our M.S. graduates have proficiency in all three subdisciplines of bioengineering and applied research experience.
Bioengineering M.S. and Ph.D. graduates are employed by a variety of institutions, including:
- Medical device manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Regulatory agencies
- Medical research institutions
Our graduates also are prepared to pursue further education in medicine, law, business and other fields.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physiology And Anatomy For Bioengineers
- Computational Physiology
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Orthopaedic Biomechanics
- Cell and Tissue Engineering Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
International student applications are due four (4) weeks prior to the posted deadline due to immigration processing
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Bio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1791 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- GRE Requirement
- The GMAT is only required for applicants with a GPA below 2.7 or applicants seeking Graduate Assistantship opportunities. Applicants with a GPA below 2.7 can be considered for a waiver at the discretion of the Associate Dean
- In addition to the official, final transcripts, you must also provide official certified, or attested copies of all graduation certificates, diplomas or degree certificates needed to fulfill your admission
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo Requirement
- All international students must also demonstrate adequate financial resources for their graduate education before they can be admitted
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per year during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7378 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toledo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.