The versatility of the Comparative Humanities program at Brandeis University allows students to work with an advisor to customize a program that helps them meet their academic and professional goals. Our program offers rigorous humanistic studies in both cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural frameworks, and takes advantage of our dynamic faculty’s expertise across geographies, nationalities, historical periods, and/or languages. Some additional highlights of the program include:
- Located just outside of Boston with its world-renowned academic resources--an ideal location for internships, research, and career opportunities;
- Individualized faculty mentorship that capitalizes on Brandeis’ close-knit community of scholars. Students work closely with their faculty advisor to structure their curriculum requirements and when completing their capstone project;
- Brandeis’ Mandel Center for the Humanities encourages cross-cultural and trans-regional work that draws upon our rich co-curricular course offerings;
- Draws upon our close connections with well-known academic, cultural, and research resources of the Boston area including the Boston Area Graduate Consortium.
More informationVisit official programme website
- In conjunction with a primary advisor and the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), each student builds a cogent curriculum that bridges cultures in courses that span 30 program areas. Visit the department's curriculum page for required course descriptions and degree requirements.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 721 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper
- English Proficiency
- A letter of recommendation
International53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.