- The Master of Arts program in Music Education at the Hofstra University provides advanced study in the curriculum, pedagogy, and content of music. This program supports and reflects the National Standards for Art Education and the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts.
- Applications for admission to this Master of Arts program in the Department of Teaching, Learning and Technology are made to the Graduate Admission Office. Admission is based on a comprehensive review of multiple criteria.
- Cognition and Instruction
- The Dynamics of Curriculum Change
- Multicultural Curriculum and Teaching
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Curriculum and Instruction
- Current Trends in Secondary Education
- Patterns of Curriculum
- Teaching for Thinking
- Creating Effective Classroom Environments through Collaborative Consultation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3225 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed application form to the master's program.
- New York state initial certification in music, valid for teaching grades PreK-12. (Applicants who have provisional certification rather than initial certification should see the appropriate graduate program director for program alternatives.)
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate course work, or its equivalent (e.g., a 3.0 in a completed graduate program). We encourage you to submit all transcripts from your undergraduate work and any graduate work for consideration.
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale.
- Two letters of reference that address the applicant's potential to succeed in the teaching profession and in graduate course work.
International26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.