The Master of Science in Medical Physics from Hofstra University designed for completion in two years of full-time study; part-time students are also welcome. The MS in medical physics offers students a strong foundation in the basic science of medical physics and training in the primary sub-specialties of medical physics (therapeutic medical physics, diagnostic medical physics, radiation protection, and nuclear medical physics).
The program includes clinical experience in mentored practicums at sites within the Northwell Health system as well as occasional seminars with guest lecturers from the health sciences and industry.
The program also offers students the opportunity to participate in basic, applied, and clinical research in medical physics, as well as training in the oral and written communication of medical physics research and ideas.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Physics
- Foundations of Clinical Medical Physics
- Radiological Physics and Dosimetry
- Radiation Protection and Radiation Safety
- Radiation Therapy Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 36 other Masters in Medical Imaging in United States
- Applicants are required to present evidence of a baccalaureate or graduate degree in physics or in an allied science with a minor in physics from a regionally fully accredited institution. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Official transcripts of degrees must be submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. The GRE is not required; however, students may submit The cut-off score is 80 (Internet-based), 550 (paper-based). Alternatively, students may submit IELTS scores (cut-off 6.5).
- A statement of purpose that summarizes the candidate's background and rationale for applying to the program.
- A phone interview and an optional on-site interview, scheduled at the request of the student or the program director.
- A curriculum vitae for students who have prior work experience.
International31297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National31297 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.