The projects in the Landscape Architecture MLA program from Arizona State University can include large-scale work encompassing urban design, landscape reclamation, open space preservation planning and ecological landscape design, and projects at the more intimate scale of a neighborhood park or residential backyard. Emerging areas of focus include biotechnical design, construction of greenways, green roofs, living walls, and urban agriculture, as well as the design of healing environments.
The Design School is committed to the merging of global and local contexts and concerns and, toward this end, graduate students in their final year go abroad for two weeks as part of their studio course. To date, students have traveled to Argentina, England, Ethiopia, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Rwanda, Spain and Turkey. The school also offers a number of summer study abroad programs in an effort to extend the student opportunities for global engagement.
Alumni of this program have found careers with nationally recognized landscape architects in multinational firms, within public municipalities and agencies in the United States and abroad, and with urban greening nonprofit, community development and environmental justice organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sustainability of the Built Environment
- Advanced Landscape Architectural Studio
- Research in Landscape Architecture
- Planting Design
- Landscape Architecture Research Methods
- Alternative Technologies and Materials
- Urban Ecological Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 392 other Masters in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- online graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- a portfolio, letter of intent and contact information of three references submitted via SlideRoom
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 24 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.