The internship stream provides hands-on work experience to complement coursework.
The Master in Human Kinetics program at University of Windsor offers concentrations in either Applied Human Performance (sport and exercise psychology, biomechanics and ergonomics, exercise physiology, motor learning and control, lifespan and development, and nutrition), or Sport Management (sport marketing, human resources, policy development, leadership, organizational behaviour, community development, sport finance and economics, sport and the law, sport sociology, sport history).
According to SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings, our MHK in Sport Management program has ranked in the top 25 of university programs of its kind across the globe. It was the only Canadian school to make the cut.
Areas of Research include:
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Motor Behaviour and Lifespan Development
- Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Research (PACR)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport Management
In addition to the general requirements for the Master's degree, the candidate must:
- complete a minimum of four graduate-level courses and a thesis; and pass a oral examination based on a thesis,
- complete a minimum of seven graduate-level courses and an internship; and present an internship report
- Only one Special Problems (KINE-8100) course may be taken regardless of area of specialization
- Master's Committee and Advisors: Prior to a candidate's initial registration, the Graduate Coordinator will assign a program advisor for each candidate.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Applications received after the deadline will undergo review until the program is full.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 249 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
In addition to the general admission requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research outlined in the section titled, Application Procedures, and in the section titled, The Master's Degree - Admission Requirements, the following are employed in the determination of a candidate's admission status:
- Thesis students must have a faculty research advisor before being admitted into one of the following areas of specialization:
- Applied Human Performance
- Sport Management
- A person who holds a three-year degree in another discipline is required to complete the requirements for the Master's degree as outlined in the Graduate Calendar. Up to ten Kinesiology undergraduate courses beyond the minimum requirement may be deemed necessary by the graduate committee.
- A person who holds a four-year degree in another discipline will be required to take up to five Kinesiology undergraduate courses prior to taking graduate courses.
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7665 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2393 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.