The internship stream provides hands-on work experience to complement coursework.
The Master in Human Kinetics program at University of Windsor offers concentrations in either Applied Human Performance (sport and exercise psychology, biomechanics and ergonomics, exercise physiology, motor learning and control, lifespan and development, and nutrition), or Sport Management (sport marketing, human resources, policy development, leadership, organizational behaviour, community development, sport finance and economics, sport and the law, sport sociology, sport history).
According to SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings, our MHK in Sport Management program has ranked in the top 25 of university programs of its kind across the globe. It was the only Canadian school to make the cut.
Objectives of the Graduate Program
- The aim of the graduate program is to produce scholars who have the desire and competence to contribute to the knowledge of human behaviour in the broad field of physical activity. As primary requirements, students will develop the capacity to:
- Identify and investigate problems in the field
- Independently design and conduct research
- Communicate at a scholarly level, including be able to read and critically evaluate related literature
- Apply theoretical content in a practical performance-based setting
The program offers concentration in either Applied Human Performance (sport and exercise psychology, biomechanics and ergonomics, exercise physiology, motor learning and control, lifespan development) or Sport Management (leadership, organizational behaviour, community development, sport finance and economics, sport and the law, sport sociology, sport history, sport marketing).
The program is uniquely structured to offer both a research thesis stream and an internship stream. The internship stream provides students with hands-on work experience to complement their coursework.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Motor Behaviour and Lifespan Development
- Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Research (PACR)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 102 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Physical Education or related fields of study;
- Minimum 70% average in the last two years of a Bachelor's degree.
International5318 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2659 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5318 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2659 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.