- The Literacy Studies (Birth-Grade 6) and Special Education (Birth-Grade 2) or (Grades 1-6) degree at the Hofstra University provides students with the opportunity to participate in classes that focus on the most current understandings of literacy and special education pedagogical practices.
- A universal theme woven into the fabric of all programs in special education is an appreciation of diversity and the understanding that the goal of education is to teach every child so that all children can learn. Graduates of this program will be recommended for the following teaching certificates: Classroom teachers with preparation in literacy (Birth to Grade 6) and students with disabilities (Birth-Grade 2) or (Grades 1-6).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bilingual and Biliteracy Learning and Teaching in Multilingual Settings
- Language, Culture and Identity: Literacy Issues for Teachers and Children
- Family, Community, and School Literacies: Cultural Perspectives
- Literacy Learning at Home and in School: Social Contexts of Young Children Learning to Read and Write
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 905 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- BA or BS degree, with minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, or its equivalent (e.g., a 3.0 in a completed graduate program). We encourage you to submit all transcripts from your undergraduate work and any graduate work for consideration.
- Submission of scores on a nationally-normed graduate admission test (GRE or Praxis). Recent SAT/ACT exams may be accepted if verifiable by the test provider.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Possession of a New York state initial or professional teaching certificate in early childhood or childhood education (See Note (c) below).
- Interview with faculty members in literacy studies and special education.
- A written statement of purpose is required for special education.
International1454 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1454 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1454 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1454 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.