- theoretical and methodological basis for dealing with key issues such as data science, digital transformation and innovation, processes and business models as well as solutions for a sustainable society.
- education in the interdisciplinary field of information systems, which has its roots in computer science, economics, and business management.
- the key capability to bridge business management and computer science that is often required in the labour market.
- A sound know-how of marketing concepts and methods is crucial for management and economics students and an indispensable part of any good manager’s toolset. Case studies, business projects with companies, and guest lecturers from the corporate world give you insights about relevant.
As a graduate in the interdisciplinary field of information systems, you will find attractive positions that call for your skills as a broad-based specialist. Many of our graduates have developed good business contacts even before completing their studies. Because of their broad-based, specialised education, you as a graduate will be able to work in any field and in any position related to IT and economics, including IT consultancies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Within this programme, the Core and Advanced Sections cover the theoretical and methodological basis. You can select between two major groups by choosing the modules Information Systems I & II and Digital Transformation or Information Systems and Environmental Sustainability, Analytics and Applications, and Digital Transformation and Innovation.
- The Specialisation Section teaches major-specific basics and, in addition, advanced skills within the same area. While Computer Science is compulsory, you can also choose another from three areas.
- The Supplementary Section serves as an additional section for developing a more specific profile–either by deepening and specialising or by diversifying knowledge.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems View 15 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application in the case of unfinished Bachelor studies: In cases where present Bachelor studies have not been fully completed, application is permitted if the candidate has earned at least 80% of the required credits and will have achieved the remaining results by 30 September at the latest. The specific admission criteria governing the designated course of study (including the overall grade) must already have been fulfilled on the basis of the exam results available at the time of application.
- at least 20 ECTS credits in the field of Infomation Systems
- at least 30 ECTS credits in the field of Business Administration and/or Economics
- at least 30 ECTS credits in the field of Statistics and/or Mathematics and/or Informatics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fees.
Each semester, all enrolled students of the University of Cologne have to pay a social fee.
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.