The flexible and interdisciplinary nature of the Sociology program at the University of Nebraska Omaha allows students to focus on an additional academic specialty area within or outside of sociology. Department faculty members have strengths in several areas, including families and gender, health, inequality and social justice, work and organizations, race and ethnicity, and anthropology.
The department also has close connections to the Office of Latino/Latin American Studies, Native American Studies, and Women’s and Gender Studies.
Sociological Inquiry & Research Design
Classical Sociological Theory
Contemporary Sociological Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Cognitive Sciences View 607 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Baccalaureate degree or previous Master’s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants for admission to the graduate program in sociology should present a minimum of 15 undergraduate credit hours in the following social science courses: Statistics, research methods, and social theory, a minimum of six (6) additional hours of sociology or other social science courses.
- Undergraduate courses in statistics, research methods, and social theory are required before the student can enroll in the graduate courses in the same areas.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English.
- GRE scores are not required for admission; however, students are welcome to submit them.
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions.
International16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 12 months.
National16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7752 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.