Through the Integrative Biology course at Hofstra University work and seminars, students learn how to integrate information from the various biology subdisciplines (molecular genetics to evolution) and levels (sub-cellular to biospheric) in order to understand and ask fundamental questions about cells, organisms, species, and ecology.
Graduates with master's degrees pursue professional degrees in the health sciences, continue graduate work at the doctoral level, and find employment as marine, wildlife, and ecology specialists and educators for governmental and nongovernmental organizations and as lab technicians for hospitals and in industry.
- Advanced Genetics
- Biochemical Mechanisms in Cell Biology
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Advanced Developmental Biology
- Biology of the Cancer Cell
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Experimental Molecular Biology
- Conservation Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hofstra University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) in biology or closely related discipline. We expect that incoming students will have completed courses in molecular and cellular biology, genetics, ecology, evolution, anatomy and physiology, as well as one year of mathematics, one year of physics and two years of chemistry.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- GRE General Test scores or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores.
- A written personal statement demonstrating rationale for pursuing the MA.
- Two letters of reference addressing the applicant's potential for graduate studies.
International26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.