The Social Work - Public Health program at the University of Nebraska Omaha offers interdisciplinary preparation in the fields of social work and public health leading to the master of social work and the master of public health degrees, with fewer required credit hours than it would take to obtain these degrees independently.
This dual degree program prepares students to provide the range of advanced social work services and assume leadership in the public health sector to promote and protect physical and mental health, with a focus on population-based services, prevention, collaboration, and strategies and policies grounded in basic science.
Students beginning the MSW/MPH program at the MSW Foundation level must complete 81 credit hours total. Students beginning the MSW/MPH program at the Advanced Standing level, must complete 57 credit hours total.
Human Behavior and the Social Environment
Social Welfare Policy
Foundations of Public Health
Health Service Administration
Epidemiology in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 78 credit hour program available to applicants who do not hold a BSSW degree
- 54 credit hour program available to applicants who have earned a BSSW degree
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health View 522 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nebraska Omaha and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcript-Undergraduate weighted cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Writing Sample.
- Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English.
- GRE scores.
- Complete an application & upload requirements.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (U.S. dollars) is required.
- Submit official transcripts and test scores.
- Submit financial requirements for I-20 processing.
- Submit final degree evaluation.
International16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 24 months.
National16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7752 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.