Students in the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Master of Arts program at Appalachian State University are engaged in systemically-oriented, ethical, inclusive and socially-just training that meets rigorous clinical and academic standards. Student learning includes emphasis on critical thinking and reflective practice. This is a thesis optional clinical training program.
Alumni of the MFT program are employed as LMFTs in private practice, non-profit agencies, residential treatment programs, intensive in-home programs, in-school therapy programs and hospital settings throughout the U.S. Alumni have also been successfully admitted into Ph.D. programs.
- Community mental health agencies
- Residential mental health facilities
- Private practice
- Mental health administration
- Theories of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Marriage and Family Counseling: Clinical Issues
- Assessment and Diagnosis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Mediation & Divorce Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1101 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); letter addressing reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program, not to exceed two pages stating reasons why applicant wishes to enter the program
- Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 24 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.