- Technology is defined as information technology, the integration of skills that require the use of computer applications to enhance student learning of mathematics and science as well as design technology, which encompasses the study of the technological world that inventors, engineers and other innovators have created. Both educational technology and design technology are applied to the study of elementary science and mathematics to further the development of meaningful understanding in these areas. Integration of these areas occurs within a broader understanding of the way in which society both reflects and shapes curriculum and pedagogy in schools.
- The Elementary Education: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program at the Hofstra University is designed to provide advanced study in the elementary curriculum for those currently holding New York state initial teacher certification. Graduate students who enter the program on a non-matriculated basis prior to making application for acceptance to the program are limited to a maximum of 12 semester hours of course work.
- Critical Perspectives on Curriculum and Teaching
- STEM Instruction in the Sciences
- Children's Engineering in the STEM Classroom
- STEM Instruction in the Mathematics Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 1668 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- New York state initial certificate to teach early childhood or childhood education.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate course work or its equivalent.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 on course work in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Submission of scores on a nationally-normed graduate admission test (GRE or Praxis). Recent SAT/ACT exams may be accepted if verifiable by the test provider.
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's success in the teaching profession and the capacity to undertake graduate study.
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale.
- An interview with the program director.
International24160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.