Elementary Education from Appalachian State University covers the theoretical and philosophical bases for educational practices as they relate to the elementary school curriculum. Students concentrate in one or more of the instructional areas in these grades and explore how subjects interrelate. Students learn to better understand the elementary school-age learner, utilize research techniques in designing and implementing curricula and activities, identify major issues and trends impacting elementary education, and make critical decisions.
School systems across North Carolina and beyond
- Advanced Topics in Diversity
- Recent Trends and Issues in Education
- Product of Learning
- Teacher Leadership and School Improvement
- Advanced Curriculum Design in Elementary Education
- Instructional Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
- GRE or MAT (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
- Resume; proof of teacher licensure
- Must hold a valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
- Submit your graduate application online.
- Pay the online application fee
- Mail official or certified transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended that have been evaluated by a NACES accredited credential evaluation service.
- Provide proof of English proficiency.
International19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
National19849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4839 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4839 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.