This Master of Arts in Elementary Education from Appalachian State University is open to qualified students who hold a valid NC “A”-level teaching license or its equivalent from another state (the teaching license does not have to be in elementary education).
The program covers the theoretical and philosophical bases for educational practices as they relate to the elementary school curriculum. Students concentrate in one or more of the instructional areas in these grades and explore how subjects interrelate. Students learn to better understand the elementary school-age learner, utilize research techniques in designing and implementing curricula and activities, identify major issues and trends impacting elementary education, and make critical decisions.
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
- Master’s-level Elementary Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Diversity
- Recent Trends and Issues in Education
- Product of Learning
- Teacher Leadership and School Improvement
- Advanced Curriculum Design in Elementary Education
- Instructional Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4075 other Masters in Education in United States
- GRE or MAT (score must be no more than 5 years old)
- Resume (Required upload for application submission); proof of teacher licensure
- Basic Conditions for Consideration of Admission: Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages
- Must hold a valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state.
- 3.0 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores from the appropriate admission test(s), OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from the appropriate admission test(s).
International13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6852 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1815 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.