With this degree, you will be able to make decisions and to appraise the consequences of choices that are made in government and in the management of public sector organisationsBy studying this degree, you will
- gain the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in government and in public sector organisations at the national, sub-national or international level
- gain an understanding of specialised areas like, for example, privatisation and public-private partnerships, e-government, and project appraisal
- develop the capacity to make decisions on the design of public policy and delivery of public services
The Public Policy and Management programme from University of London is designed to assist both existing development professionals and people moving into the field of policy and management.
As a graduate of this programme you will be well prepared for high positions in government, public service, international organisations and NGOs. Politicians, both national and local, in various countries are already studying with the programme.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public policy and management: perspectives and issues
- Decentralisation and local governance
- Environmental and social impact assessment
- Human resource management and development
- Managing organisational change
- Privatisation and public-private partnerships
- Project appraisal
- Public Financial Management: Audit and compliance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application deadlinesSeptember / November / February / May
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 27 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need either a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, economics) from an institution acceptable to the University or relevant education and work experience that comprises suitable training for the programme.
- If you have a qualification in an unrelated subject or an international qualification considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, we will consider these on their own merits.
International5040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.