With this degree, you will be able to make decisions and to appraise the consequences of choices that are made in government and in the management of public sector organisationsBy studying this degree, you will
- gain the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in government and in public sector organisations at the national, sub-national or international level
- gain an understanding of specialised areas like, for example, privatisation and public-private partnerships, e-government, and project appraisal
- develop the capacity to make decisions on the design of public policy and delivery of public services
The Public Policy and Management programme at the University of London is designed to assist both existing development professionals and people moving into the field of policy and management.
As a graduate of this programme you will be well prepared for high positions in government, public service, international organisations and NGOs. Politicians, both national and local, in various countries are already studying with the programme.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public policy and management: perspectives and issues
- Decentralisation and local governance
- Environmental and social impact assessment
- Human resource management and development
- Managing organisational change
- Privatisation and public-private partnerships
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application deadlines September / November / February / May
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 345 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need either a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, economics) from an institution acceptable to the University or relevant education and work experience that comprises suitable training for the programme
- If you have a qualification in an unrelated subject or an international qualification considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, we will consider these on their own merits
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.