For secondary, students must possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in thesubject area that they plan to teach or participate in a transcript review with an Education adviser toidentify an approved teaching field. Supplemental certificates in Special Education and English as aSecond Language (ESL) are also available.
The Master of Arts in Teaching program offered by Trinity University San Antonio is cohort-basedand consists of a summer and two semesters, where, upon successful completion, students willearn a Master of Arts in Teaching degree as well as state certification.
- Service Learning in Education
- Seminar in Urban Education Policy and Practice
- Understanding Exceptional Learning in School and Society
- Practicum: Early Childhood Teaching Exploration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3.0 GPA minimum (cumulative or last 60 hours)
- Teaching Field Hours (via transcript) (see the Trinity Course of Study Bulletin)
- GRE scores (only non-Trinity graduates)
- A completed Trinity Graduate Application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (only non-Trinity graduates)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended, submitted in sealed envelopes
- A resume detailing educational background and employment experience
- Four references
- Demonstration of content knowledge mastery, demonstrated via transcript review or exam, such as the Praxis II or TExES
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for San Antonio
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.