This MSc takes an integrated approach to finance and financial law by including risk management, regulation, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, bond issues, and loans.
It is relevant to national and international finance and will introduce you to how financial and legal principles are applied in theory and in practice.
This Finance and Financial Law degree from University of London creates a new kind of financial services professional: graduates who are trained in both finance and law. As a graduate, you will your specialist knowledge to be in demand by international banks and investment firms, legal practices, regulatory institutions and the academic world.
"The skills acquired during the MSc have helped me very much. I have been able to relate much of the material learned to my current projects. A couple of examples may be working on a merger assignment and funding rounds for two new ventures – one in hospitality and the other for a TV format."
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
- Corporate finance
- Introduction to law and to finance
- Financial law
- Bank financial management
- Banking and capital markets
- Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFinance Legal Studies View 84 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
- You will need either a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, economics) from an institution acceptable to the University or relevant education and work experience that comprises suitable training for the programme.
- If you have a qualification in an unrelated subject or an international qualification considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, we will consider these on their own merits.
International10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!