Provided by the UCL Institute of Education, this MA programme is available by distance learning, allowing you to study flexibly while balancing work and personal commitments.
By studying this course, you will:
- improve your understanding of educational management and leadership;
- be able to apply theory and research in your current role;
- foster your continuing professional development through reflection on practice;
- contribute towards improvement of educational systems and institutions and reflect on the quality of learning and teaching.
This Applied Educational Leadership programme from University of London is ideal both for those currently working in school leadership positions looking to advance their career, and in the wider field of education to pursue managerial, policy or consultancy roles.
The AELM programme has gained recognition for the International Baccalaureate advanced certificate in leadership research.
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leading and managing educational change and improvement
- Leadership for the learning community
- Finance and resource management
- Developing personal leadership skills
- Exploring educational policy
- Values, vision and moral purpose
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- A participant awarded the PGDip will have accumulated 120 UK credits
- A participant awarded the PGCert will have accumulated 60 UK credits
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 149 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree in any subject (e.g. bachelor) comparable to a UK second-class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the University.
- At least two years’ experience as professionals in an educational setting, including experience of leading other educators. This is commonly a school, university or childcare setting, but we accept applicants from a wide range of educational institutions. As this is an applied course linking theory to practice, we also expect that you will remain in a leadership position throughout your studies.
We set minimum basic computer requirements because your study resources are accessed via the Student Portal and it is vital that you can access this regularly. Certain courses may have additional requirements, such as software to manage spreadsheets and run macros.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12850 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12850 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- Total MA: £12850
- Total PGDip: £10090
- Total PGCert: £5690
- Total per standalone course: £2570
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.