Nurse Practitioners are critical providers in the health care system, filling the growing need for providers to address the complexity of care needed by patients, an aging population, and growing disparities in care among populations.
The Nurse Practitioner Pathway at The University of Alabama at Birmingham is offered in a distance accessible format that combines on-line dialectic coursework with on-campus intensives. During the last four semesters of the program, students are required to participate in four on-campus intensives.
- Nurse practitioners care for patients in a variety of settings, including private practices, clinics, hospitals and community agencies.
- Their work also can go beyond bedside care, helping solve real-world health care issues by working collaboratively with other health care professionals to address changing health care needs across communities.
- Graduates in the Nurse Practitioner program from The University of Alabama at Birmingham are prepared to apply to sit for certification in their chosen specialty.
Courses for Family Nurse Practitioner:
- Translating Evidence into Practice
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Health Care Systems for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Focus on Advanced Nursing Practice Specialization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 782 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Hold a BSN degree from a regionally accredited institution and a nationally accredited nursing program (CCNE or CNEA accreditation), equivalent to the one offered by the UAB School of Nursing.
- Possess an unencumbered and unrestricted nursing license to practice in the state where you plan to conduct your clinical practicum.
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or on the last 60 semester hours.
- Students with less than a 3.2 GPA (last 60 hours undergraduate GPA or overall undergraduate GPA) are required to complete and submit scores for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), GMAT, or MAT; only scores completed within the previous 5 years are accepted.
- If admitted to the MSN program, students must show proof of completion of a descriptive statistics course, equivalent to UAB’s MA-180, before starting the program.
International26707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1187 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1109 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.