The Communication and Social Justice program at University of Windsor bridges two main scholarly approaches to the study of communication, media, and culture – political economy and critical cultural studies.
It is designed to advance original and provocative interpretations of everyday communicative and symbolic environments; facilitate research on the definition, evolution, and transformation of rights and communicative practices, whether through policy, culture, and/or custom; and develop practices and strategies oriented toward social justice initiatives.
Through advanced course work and research, the M.A. program will:
- Prepare students for careers in information/communication sectors such as: community-based public advocacy organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations, communication policy analysis, media research, journalism and multimedia
- Prepare students to better understand and critically appraise the evolving social, cultural, political and technological environment
- Prepare students for entry into PhD programs in Communication and cognate fields
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Critical Theories of Communication
- Graduate Research Methods
- History of Communication Thought and Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 33 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants must have an Honours BA in Communication/Media Studies or a cognate field.
- Students with significant experience in social justice-related activities are also encouraged to apply.
- Students with such equivalent experience and lacking formal admission requirements may be admitted to the Master’s 1 qualifying year to complete courses prior to formal admission to the program.
International15100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7550 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2393 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.